December 7, 2008

Painted Spiria Pin-up

Hi, this is Chris. I'm sorry I haven't posted in a long time, for those who might be wondering, I am alive. I realize that we have talked about my Spiria project, but I've never posted any art for it. So here it goes, the first Spiria related piece of art work.


It shows the four main characters from Spiria in the center, with the gentle glowing moon on their right, and the harsh, noon-day sun on their left. The main villain of the story looms menacingly over them. An army spills out of the gates of a fortified city, and a delicate blossom blooms from the tangle of vines that frames the whole thing.

An art teacher of mine gave me a lot of tips and pointers while I painted this, so a big thanks goes out to him. Thanks!

Hope everyone is enjoying these posts! If you see anything you like (or don't like), please leave a comment and let us know about it!

-Chris Lai