September 27, 2008

Rocky and Stones

Hello, everybody. A couple of years ago I decided that I wanted to complete a comic by the end of the summer. Then I realized that I was completely unprepared to even start writing the graphic novel that I had been developing in my mind and even less prepared to actually draw any of the art. I still wanted to finish a comic over the summer though. Just for fun.
I was outside trying to draw objects such as trees, lampposts, and rocks... However I wasn't really in the mood for drawing anything that didn't have a face on it. So I drew a face on a rock...

I named this rock Rocky. I know. Very original, Isn't it? Then I drew a face on a second rock...

I named this one Stones. Also original. Then I got the idea to take pictures of the rocks doing crazy things and turn it into a comic. That's exactly what I did and I finished making Rocky and Stones by the end of the summer.

The story didn't make much sense since it was a bit of an experiment and I essentially made it up as I went along but It was fun to do and it seemed pretty funny at the time.

But don't be fooled by these rocks' innocent appearances. The story quickly takes a dark turn...

Since we'll be putting the website up for Lemon Inc., Spiria, and hopefully various other projects we hope to do I figured we might as well put Rocky and Stones on the site as well. I have no idea weather anyone would actually be interested in this but I know that there are other weird photographic webcomics similar to this out there (such as Irregular Webcomic). If anyone wants to see this comic on our website, leave a comment and let me know.

-Tim

UPDATE: I've decided that I don't think too many people would be interested in seeing this and that I don't think that I want to show this on the website. It was a lazy, silly, comic which, while fun, Is not worth displaying. I need to focus my energies on Lemon Inc. to make it the best comic that it can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment